Wednesday 3 October 2012

A Wooly Ice-Cream Ripple

October is my favourite month of the year. It means that the leaves are putting on their colourful display, that there are pumpkins galore in all of the green grocers, that both my nephew and I will celebrate our birthdays, that I can start wearing all of my lovely warm scarfs and that I can snuggle under blankets any time of the day.

After finding the softest, loveliest Wendy Sorrento yarn on sale in one of my local yarns stores, I quickly convinced myself that I really needed another blanket to welcome in October. As I nearly ran home with my bag of squishy balls of wool, my mind was already working overtime thinking of what type of blanket I wanted to make. The colours reminded me of the gorgeous displays in the Gelato shops in Italy and as I have been itching to make of Lucy's neat ripples, I knew what I wanted to do.


Working with this yarn was an absolute dream and the ripple pattern had a certain addictive rhythm that meant that I worked on this blanket every available moment I had. Before I knew it, I was nearly finished.


This pattern works such a perfect, straight edge on the sides with a lovely wavey edge at the top and bottom, that I didn't feel that it needed anything else added to it to finish it off. It's perfect just the way it is.


Making this blanket has been the perfect way to start my favourite month and snuggling under it has become Little T and my favourite thing to do.



6 comments:

  1. That is beautiful, I had not come across Wendy Sorrento before..there just are too many yarns and patterns and not enough crochet hours in a day! What a beautiful ripple...and you have a very very neat edge, I had to flatten mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona:) It's so true, I often wish that I had a few clones of myself to be able to make all the things I want to!

      Delete
  2. Truly beautiful, just had to visit your blog and added you to mine.

    wendy from Oz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Wendy. It's always nice to get a new reader:)

      Delete
  3. What a treat to discover you blog and your beautiful ripple, your colours are fab together. I will definitely be back to see what you make next x

    ReplyDelete