Monday 4 February 2013

Flowers for Me

February arrived in all of it's sunny glory this weekend and with all of the snow finally gone, I can really start to feel that Spring is not that far away now. I always look forward to this time of the year, when the air starts to feel warmer, the days slowly get longer and nature seems to wake from its long slumber and colour returns to the world around me. It really is such a happy, rejuvenating time of the year.

To celebrate this joyous occasion I decided to make myself a little something flowery to wear when out and about on a sunny day. I had a rummage through my box of yarn and found some gorgeous King Cole Merino wool that I bought a little while ago. Feeling inspired, I immediately grabbed my trusty 4mm crochet needle and before I knew it, I had made this sweet little flower.


Elated by my own creativity, I kept on going and within no time at all I had one in each colour.


For several days I spent every possible moment making flowers and soon enough I had used up all of my wool and was very pleased to see that I had a whole bundle of colourful flowers to sew together.


I am neither neat nor tidy with a needle and thread and sewing has never been one of my strong points, but I didn't let that stop me. Slowly and lovingly my flowers started to sit in neat little rows, all joined together to form a beautiful, colourful, happy scarf.


I just know that as the year goes on and the days get warmer, this scarf is going to be slung around my shoulders or wrapped around my neck on a daily basis and will be well and truly loved. It is already hanging by the front door, waiting to go on it's first outing. :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful scarf, Elle! I love it. It's very spring-like but it will still keep you warm until the cold weather is over. Very nice job.

    ReplyDelete