Tuesday 18 December 2012

Happy Endings

This last week has been a crazy, manic, busy and most off all productive week. After many weeks of stressful house hunting, we have finally found a place to call our new home! We are still waiting on a few administrative things to be finalised, but we are hopeful that we will be on the move just after Christmas. Relieved doesn't even begin to explain how I feel at the moment :)

I also realised with a jolt that there are very few days left until Christmas and although we have started packing up our flat, we have put up our Christmas tree. It seemed a bit silly at the time, but seeing Little T's face of pure wonderment and joy when we switched on the lights made it all worth it.


I haven't done nearly as much Christmas baking as I would have liked to though, but I fully intent to rectify that in my few spare minutes this week. I have a wonderfully spiced, citrus cake in mind for our Christmas Eve dinner...

To top off this amazing week, I managed to finish my Giant Granny Square blanket!! Using seventeen different colours of yarn, I did fifty-nine rounds of treble clusters to make a blanket big enough for all three of us to snuggle under. I had a bit of trouble choosing a border for my blanket, but in the end I just did what felt right. A few rounds of double crochet in two of my favourite colours and it's all rounded off with a gentle scallop in a girly pink (for me).


It was a very poignant moment when I finished this project as it made me realise that many things are now coming to an end for our family. Not only is it nearly the end of another year, but it's also nearly the end of my time being at home with Little T, the end of P's long employ at the wonderfully crazy workshop and of course it's the end of our time here in London! As scary as all of these things might be, we are looking forward to a New Year full of new experiences and adventures, and at least we're getting a good night's sleep under our new lovely blanket :)
 
 
I am sure to be very busy over the next few weeks and most likely won't have time to blog. So I will wish you all a very happy Christmas now, I hope that you will spend this Festive Season with the ones you love, eating plenty of good food :)
I will be back in the New Year, with plenty of stories to tell!

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful blanket with gorgeous colours.
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful, you will take your blanket with you on your adventures, remembering where it was made with love. good luck with the move, we are in the middle of the same upheavels and changes after 15 years in the same house. We hope to be in somewhere permanent in Jan too, just "camping out" in a short term rental at the moment! Home is where your family are :) Happy Christmas Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news about the house, love the blanket the colours are just gorgeous. Merry Christmas. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, one day I'll do one of those. Yours is totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete