Monday 28 April 2014

Hello?????

Yeah, yeah, I know... It has been a VERY long time since you've seen or heard anything from me. True to from, when life got busy, my blog got left behind. Nothing new there then :) There are however lots of things that are new in our lives. P had an accident and got a new (metal) cheek, he also got a new job and this meant that we had to move to a new house, in a new town in a new part of the UK. So here I am, back to blogging, now from Oxfordshire.



Everything happened rather suddenly for us after Christmas and in the middle of the terrible floods, we had to find a house in a town a hundred miles away and move in within a couple of weeks. It goes without saying that it was a stressful and chaotic time, but as the old saying goes, all's well that ends well. We are now settled and happy in this new chapter of our lives, and hopefully we will be here for many years more.

I was sad to leave my river view behind at our old house, it was especially amazing just before we moved with all of the flooding. This was one of the last photos I took there.


Luckily though, our new home also offers some spectacular photographic opportunities and the surroundings really came into their own with the arrival of Spring.


Blossoms and tulips and new leaves on trees, I can wax lyrical about this time of year, but I'll let the pictures do the talking for me :)


I couldn't let all of this natural beauty go to waste and not let it inspire something new for my home, and thus the flower cushion was born.


It all started with designing a square that resembled these happy flowers on my windowsill. Once I got the design right, I carried on to make lots and lots of lovely little squares, in all of the colours of the rainbow.


I made forty of these rainbow beauties in total. 


Inevitably I had to do quite a lot of sewing in of ends and of sewing the squares together to finish the cushion cover, not one of my favourite things, but luckily I had a very pretty spot to do this in.


And, in the end all of that hard lovely work was well worth it, for now I have a very happy cushion to go in my new happy house :)



4 comments:

  1. Helllooooo!!!! Missed you. Oh my gosh, you did all that moving lark again, and worry about P's accident. I am so glad to see you are happy in your new abode, the cushion is fantastic. In fact the whole post wants me to break into the "Happy" song.... Keep on blogging, whenever and wherever, I'm not very good at being regular either. Stuff happens, but it's lovely to catch up. Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elle! It's nice to see you again. I'm very sorry to hear about the accident, I hope P is okay now. The cushion is beautiful. I hope you're all well. Your little one must be such a big boy now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back and what a tough time you have had.....
    Lovely cushion ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely cushion design - looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete