Sunday 9 September 2012

Seasons with my Granny

Unbelievably we are heading into the second week of September already! It still feels like middle of July to me, especially as we enjoyed a wonderful week of sunny, hot, summery days here in London. As much as I would like to stay ignorant to the true date on the calender, there are unavoidable clues to the approaching Autumn all around me. Chestnuts lying on the ground, brown and orange leaves peeking through the green, the sun setting before Little T has gone to bed and a definite desire to curl up under a blanket when I settle on the sofa in the evening. Luckily I have now finished the perfect blanket for just this purpose.


Over the past few weeks I have been turning my basket full of Rico Creative Cotton yarns into happy, multi-coloured granny squares for my sofa throw. Its just big enough for one, its just warm enough for a chilly evening and its just so lovely and soft. As you can tell, I love it :)


All credit goes to the lovely Lucy of Attic24 for the inspiration, the great tutorial on the join-as-you-go method and the introduction to this gorgeous yarn.


Armed with this square of bright colours, I am now ready to face the reality of Autumn being well and truly with us and I can smile at the prospect of many an evening spent snuggled under it :)

5 comments:

  1. I love it! The colours are great and it looks so good on your sofa! I am planning a classic granny myself at the moment... but there are still a Ripple (attic24), a Giant Granny Patch (Cherry Heart) and a Granny Stripe (attic 24) to finish.... Love your blog, btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking in Maree :) Wow, that is a lot of blankets to finish off, very impressive!

      Delete
  2. It's fantastic, perfect for when the nights draw in and the weather gets miserable, you can't be down with those colours around! I presume it doesn't come out too heavy then? Is it 6 colours total? I had decided to finish off my current throw with half size squares, you beat me to it, looks great so I will do it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona :) I used just short of 17 balls, so it comes to about 800g. I used 8 colours for the squares and then another colour for the outer edging. I've got all of the details up on Rav. He-he, great minds think alike I see, a half square border will look great on your blanket :)

      Delete
  3. So beautiful! Love your colors!

    ReplyDelete