Monday 24 September 2012

The Humble Crumble

You might think I'm a bit funny, but there are few things in life that I find as soothing and relaxing as rubbing butter into flour :) When I have too many things on my mind and the weather is getting me down, making a crumble is the best therapy for me. With the rain forcing us to stay inside for a second day in a row, big changes looming in our not so distant future and missing my dad like crazy on his birthday, today is definitely a crumble making day.



The summer glut of berries and soft fruits is slowly disapearing and being replaced by plums, apples and pears, all perfect crumble fruits. Spice these up with a spoonful of cinnamon and you're onto a winner.



Sift your flour, add the little cubes of soft butter and start rubbing your worries away. The best thing about making a crumble is that you can prepare the topping whenever you feel like it and keep it in the fridge until you are ready to bake. I'll be popping mine into the oven around dinner time, ready to eat while its still slightly warm and covered in plenty of creamy custard. Therapy session over :)

No comments:

Post a Comment